Covering you and your cameras when you need it the most. We understand videographer insurance coverage.
Although they’ve been planning this event for months, not everything always goes to plan when your clients big day finally happens. As a videographer, you understand how critical videos are to capturing major life events in your client’s lives or representing their businesses. That’s why they hire you; you’re the professional. But what if something goes wrong? What if you are injured, or what if you fall ill and cannot attend the event? What if the files disappear? Whatever the reason, do you have a plan for dealing with upset clients? You might worry or feel responsibly, what if your customer is unhappy enough to sue you?
At Colorado Insurance Professionals, our agents have a package of insurance for photographers and videographers with options that will protect you for Errors and Omissions concerns, as well as taking care of the requirements for proof of General Liability insurance that is required by some venues. For a surprisingly small cost, you can have a broad insurance policy that covers you and your business for property damage, Bodily Injury liability, and a small amount of Professional Liability.
Photographers and videographers reach out to us with two main concerns about their insurance: How are my cameras and equipment covered? How will you respond to a client who thinks they have been wronged? Our agents can help guide you through the insurance buying process so you can rest assured you are properly covered.
Do you take a tax deduction for your camera and video equipment? If so, you may not have coverage for all your cameras and equipment under your homeowner’s policy. We can offer up to $100,000 in coverage for cameras and equipment owned by your business at your residence and up to $15,000 in coverage off-premises for when you travel or shoot.
Home based video businesses can opt for the following package:
- Coverage for liability at home and away from home, this satisfies the need you have to sometimes prove coverage to clients or meeting facilities. General Liability insurance covers you for bodily injury and property damage you might cause.
- Professional Liability: Up to $25,000 coverage if someone claims you owe them due to a perceived error on your part.
- Property and Equipment you may own. Coverage up to $100,000 at your home and $15,000 away from your home.
- Access to USLI’s business resource center for discounts, HR advice, and more!
Your business can have:
- Up to three employees
- Up to $500,000 in gross sales per year
- Be a corporation, LLC or individual.
- Additional insured coverage for a franchise or lessor of equipment
- $300,000 General Liability limit with $12,000 of coverage for cameras & equipment: $271 annual premium or $1,000,000 General Liability limit with $12,000 of coverage for cameras & equipment: $303 annual premium
Call us at 303-755-8600, we are standing by to help. Or purchase your policy online today.