Covering you and your cameras when you need it the most.
Although they’ve been planning this event for months, not everything always goes to plan when your clients big day finally happens. As a photographer or videographer, you understand how critical pictures and videos are to capturing major life events in your client’s lives. That’s why they hire you; you’re the professional. But what if something goes wrong? What if you are injured, or what if you fall ill and cannot attend the event? What if the files disappear? Whatever the reason, do you have a plan for dealing with upset clients? You might worry or feel responsibly, what if your customer is unhappy enough to sue you?
At Colorado Insurance Professionals, our agents have a package of insurance for photographers with options that will protect you for Errors and Omissions concerns, as well as taking care of the requirements for proof of General Liability insurance that is required by some venues. For a surprisingly small cost, you can have a broad insurance policy that covers you and your business for property damage, Bodily Injury liability, and a small amount of Professional Liability.
Photographers and videographers reach out to us with two main concerns about their insurance: How are my cameras covered and how will you respond to a client who thinks they have been wronged? Our agents can help guide you through the insurance buying process so you can rest assured you are properly covered.
Do you take a tax deduction for your camera equipment? If so, you may not have coverage for all your cameras and equipment under your homeowner’s policy. We can offer up to $100,000 in coverage for cameras and equipment owned by your business at your residence and up to $15,000 in coverage off-premises for when you travel or shoot.
Home based photography businesses can opt for the following package:
- Coverage for liability at home and away from home, this satisfies the need you have to sometimes prove coverage to venues. General Liability insurance covers you for bodily injury and property damage you might cause.
- Coverage for up to $25,000 if someone claims you owe them due to a perceived error on your part when nobody is injured and no property is damaged.
- Property and Equipment you may own. Coverage up to $100,000 at your home and $15,000 away from your home.
- Access to USLI’s business resource center for discounts, HR advice, and more!
Your business can have:
- Up to three employees
- Up to $500,000 in gross sales per year
- Be a corporation, LLC or individual.
- Need to add an additional insured franchise or lessor of equipment.
Call us at 303-755-8600, we are standing by to help. Or purchase your policy online today.