Make sure you have the right coverage at the best available price.
Insurance for handguns, rifles and other firearms can be a tricky problem. Standard insurance policies usually set maximum coverage limits on guns at total amounts between $1,000 and $2,500.
Because these limits may not provide full protection for your gun investment, you need to review your policy carefully and make sure its property limits are adequate to cover your guns.
Here are a few things you can do to make sure you have the right insurance coverage for your guns:
- Purchase replacement-cost coverage, and keep all your gun-purchase receipts.
- Check to be sure your insurance policy covers your guns, if you should take them overseas or to another country.
- Make a list of all your guns, recording a serial number, description and value for each.
- Ask your insurance agent to add your guns to your homeowner’s policy.
- As independent insurance agents, we shop around and find the best-price insurance coverage available to provide the protection you need.